In 1980, this Conference has been started following a joint initiative of Aachen and Vienna,
to establish an informal group of representatives from leading engineering universities in Europe,
The basic objectives of The Conference are to offer an open forum for
- discussing topics of major common concern, that are not discussed in other fora,
- identifying differences and commonalities of existing solutions to problems of common interest,
- developing new ideas and - if appropriate - preparing recommendations on specific topics, and, thus,
- forming a "think tank" for the future development of the universities of technology in Europe.
As an informal group The Conference has no formal international or European organisational structure.
39th Conference of Rectors and Presidents of European Universities of Technology
18-19 September 2020
Compiegne University of Technology, France
Discussions at the 2020 Conference will address issues such as:
- Integrating social sciences and humanities in teaching and research
- Educating contemporary scientists and engineers
- TUs' contributions to mastering energy transition and coping with climate change
- How to organize interdisciplinary cooperation in education and research
- From interdisciplinarity to transdisciplinarity research including civil society
- Reconsidering university structures - examples of good practices in teaching and research
- TUs working with COPERNICUS, Europe's eyes on the earth
- Opportunities for high risk/high gain research
- TUs' roles in developing public awareness and understanding of global challenges
The detailed programme and information on registration and hotel reservation will be announced on the conference website http://www.crp-eut.org in due time.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Compiegne in September 2020!
Prof. Philippe Courtier
President, Compiegne University of Technology
Prof. Manfred Horvat
Conference Coordinator, Vienna University of Technology