In 1980, this Conference has been started following a joint initiative of Aachen and Vienna,
to establish an informal group of representatives from leading engineering universities in Europe,
The basic objectives of The Conference are to offer an open forum for
- discussing topics of major common concern, that are not discussed in other fora,
- identifying differences and commonalities of existing solutions to problems of common interest,
- developing new ideas and - if appropriate - preparing recommendations on specific topics, and, thus,
- forming a "think tank" for the future development of the universities of technology in Europe.
As an informal group The Conference has no formal international or European organisational structure.
39th Conference of Rectors and Presidents of European Universities of Technology NEW DATE!
Compiegne University of Technology will host the conference as a virtual event on September 17th and 18th, 2021
UNIVERSITIES OF TECHNOLOGY ADDRESSING THE CHALLENGES THAT PLANET EARTH IS FACING
Discussions at the 2021 Conference will address issues such as:
- Universities of Technology coping with unexpected challenges like the COVID-19 pandemic
- University leaders' first conclusions and lessons learnt from the COVID-19 experience
- TUs' contributions to mastering energy transition, coping with climate change and other challenges
- Educating contemporary scientists and engineers for addressing complex problems
- Integrating social sciences and humanities in teaching and research
- How to organize interdisciplinary cooperation in education and research
- From interdisciplinarity to transdisciplinarity research including civil society
- Reconsidering university structures - examples of good practices in teaching and research
- Opportunities for high risk/high gain research - Are universities pepared?
- TUs' roles in developing public awareness and understanding of global challenges
We are looking forward to welcoming you during the first online-crp in September!
Prof. Christophe Guy
President, Compiègne University of Technology
Prof. Manfred Horvat
Conference Coordinator, Vienna University of Technology