In 1980, this Conference has been started following a joint initiative of Aachen and Vienna,
to establish an informal group of representatives from leading engineering universities in Europe,
The basic objectives of The Conference are to offer an open forum for
- discussing topics of major common concern, that are not discussed in other fora,
- identifying differences and commonalities of existing solutions to problems of common interest,
- developing new ideas and - if appropriate - preparing recommendations on specific topics, and, thus,
- forming a "think tank" for the future development of the universities of technology in Europe.
As an informal group The Conference has no formal international or European organisational structure.
37th Conference of Rectors and Presidents of European Universities of Technology
14-15 September 2018
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
THE UNIVERSITY ROLE IN DEVELOPING INNOVATION ECO-SYSTEMS
Discussions at the 2018 Conference will address issues such as:
- How can we provide leadership in an ecosystem context?
- How can governments best support us and our partners?
- How to best integrate university missions in education, research and innovation?
- How to be organised: University structures and processes supporting innovation
- How to combine basic and applied research towards innovation
- How do we build on international experience of innovation ecosystems?
- How do get value by linking across innovation ecosystems?
- How do we develop a new generation of impactful and excellent researchers?
The detailed programme and information on registration and hotel reservation will be announced on the conference website in due time.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Glasgow in September 2018
Prof. Sir Jim McDonald
Principal, University of Strathclyde
Prof. Manfred Horvat